Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Granny Square Quilt and Other Fabulous WIPs

It's WIP Wednesday!! And time to share a little more of what has been going on since my return to the sewing room and making. Woohoo!!! 

We've had our first snowfalls, and the most recent one has stuck around, so we've been out every day playing and rolling in it!! 



The days are still just shy of 12 hours, and we have night again. The night is Cold enough to nip your cheek, and just right for taking walks and stargazing. Don't peek in the neighbors windows!! They haven't gotten used to the dark yet, and haven't learned to close their blinds again with this new season ;) 


I'm finishing quilting the Granny Squares Quilt. It's nice to spend some time each day, working on each project, in succession... First this, 


Then This ( the quilt! Not the guy!! Well, he sure doesn't hurt;)

Then, This...


Since I put the Bikini Quilt into a leaders and enders position, I have really been booking along with it. Soon, my lovelies!!

And, finally, THIS...


I moved the Sewing Room over into this guy's room...


Because he's doing an internship in LA and job hunting. So very proud of him!! He and his girlfriend, Madison, are really taking great care of themselves and their budgets, even though they are on 
opposite sides of the continent. You go, kids!!!!! We've got their backs, but they haven't even needed it:)

But the real reason I moved my sewing room across the hall, was to have room for my desk and work area in the same place as I sew. Because...

I am writing a book!!!!!

Are you so excited??!!

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Now, I don't usually go to Nora Roberts for life advice, but she sure has nailed it.

And if I can do it, so can you!!!

So, I urge you, TODAY, to step out of your comfort zone and take a step towards one of your dreams. 

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

XX!
Lori

Linking up with:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. Love your new sewing room! So nice to have space for all your wips and the BOOK!!! Too exciting. Is it sewing related? Jenny :-) (ig: Silverbellsandcockleshells)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for commenting on my 7 point star post. I have alot to learn about blogging ! Your WIP's look terrific. I have a 'string' type quilt on the go as well. I'll take some pictures and get it up on my blog sometime soon. The bikini quilt looks interesting - that's one I haven't heard of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a book! Good for you. I wrote one (currently unpublished) and I have a 2nd one floating in my head! I say do it - and can't wait to hear all about it! Love the Granny Square too... looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a new sewing room and a book! Is it going to be quilting related or something else? How exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! for a new sewing room and congrats on the book! Wishing you lots of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are coming along well and your 'new' sewing space looks wonderful. Loved that quote - so true. I've been dreaming a bit today of future directions, but none involving a book. Hope all goes well with your book plans and the whole learning process along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fallen in love with your blog and added it to my blog roll. I will be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A book! Awesome! Your quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome that you are writing a book! Good for you! When it's printed I will be first in line to buy my copy. I started writing one while I was at the Fire Hall with nothing to do all day. I have the introduction done and a list of projects but that's as far as I've made it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! Snow, ugh! But it's as much a part of Alaska life as sand is to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news that you are writing a book! I always enjoy your writing. The quilting projects look great, I am in awe of the granny squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, lots of lovely sewing! My parents moved house when I was at uni, and what was theoretically 'my room' became my mum's office, there's not even a bed in there now lol So proud of you on the book front, what are you writing about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! Well, I did leave the Kid a real bed in the (much) smaller room across the hall... but if he doesnt hurry and come home and visit, he'll be sleepin on the couch, cause I've got my eye on all of that lovely stash storage space! That wouldn't be wrong, would it??!

      Delete